Lexington District Two
Dr. Bill James
715 Ninth Street
West Columbia, SC 29169
Phone: (803) 739-8399
Contact via Email
Visit our Website
Lexington County School District Two
is a diverse school district located in West Columbia,
South Carolina, just across the Gervais Street Bridge from the Capitol City.
We serve the cities of West Columbia, Cayce, Springdale, Pine Ridge, and South Congaree.
Mission (What We Do)
As Champions for Children, in partnership with our community, Lexington School District Two will provide superior educational opportunities that enable all students to achieve success.
Vision (Where We Want to Be)
Lexington Two will be nationally recognized as “Champions for Children” in preparing students for college and career readiness.
We Believe (What Guides Us)
· All staff must be highly qualified, caring and dedicated members of a professional learning community.
· The successful development of students is a collaborative effort of parents, schools, businesses, and the community.
· All members of the school community must be invested in the school-wide culture and each and every student's success.
· Goals must be explicit and expressed publicly to all stakeholders.
· Literacy is the foundation of success in all content areas.
· Research-based instructional strategies must be implemented, monitored, and refined.
· Differentiated instruction is fundamental to meet the needs of ALL students.
· Formative and summative assessments are vehicles to advance student academic achievement, verify attained learning, reinforce effort, and provide recognition.
· The learning environment must inspire creativity, inquiry, innovation, and critical thinking.
· Students should be empowered to take ownership of their choices.
· The culture and diversity of every individual must be honored.
· The learning environment must be based on a structured data analysis process where individualized student learning opportunities are maximized.
· A guaranteed and viable curriculum is the core of the educational process.
All students will perform at grade level or above.
Achievement gaps among black and white student groups will be narrowed.
All students will graduate college and career ready.
Our district will provide a safe and healthy learning environment.
Our district will recruit and retain highly qualified teachers and staff.